Thursday, November 18, 2010

To Cowhide or not to Cowhide?

Reposted from my personal blog :)

I've been debating on bringing in cowhide rugs to the store but it seems that everywhere I look, I'm seeing newer, fresh rooms in which they appear. I remember buying my first zebra print cowhide when I was right out of college and I just HAD to have one. I put it underneath a glass coffee table in my loft-style apartment and thought my new career should be interior design. Whatever. So now I'm seeing these updated versions like the one below in a home decorated by Jan Showers, one of my fave!



And the very simple version that Phoebe Howard used in a condo designed for House Beautiful as a part of a larger showhouse project, Designer Visions: Cinema Style. I love the cool colors of this room matched with the shiny ceiling. Very sophisticated.



Then there is Gabriella Sarlo's showroom in San Francisco. She wanted the feel to be a little Parisian, which I totally get!

White glossy floors? Tres Chic! And I would've never thought to combine black and white stripes, solid baby pink chairs, and creamy walls like this. But she makes it feel so pulled together.

And modern settings.. Um, and did you notice these Milo chairs below?? I did because I happen to be a HUGE fan! And have two of my own. That I bought SIX years ago. Before they were cool and Crate & Barrel carried them. Just sayin'.


(via DecorPad)

I'm digging the mix of antiques with all-white seating. The mirror along the back wall makes the space feel twice as big.


(via DecorPad)

So, I think we're going to move forward with stocking cowhides in the store! With all of these great inspirations, it reaffirms that cowhides are an ever-lasting flooring solution that are as affordable as they are stylish.

See you soon,
Betsy

No comments:

Post a Comment