Thursday, April 14, 2011

Desert Escape

Since we're leaving for the desert tomorrow, I thought I would highlight a home with a desert backdrop but looks as though it belongs in the Hollywood Hills.  The creative forces behind my beloved Lonny Mag joined forces with Traditional Home to create an online magazine, TRAD Home.  Let me just say, you MUST check out this magazine!!  It is chock full of new designers and I'm just loving every feature in it.  There are so many inspiration nuggets and I'm sure I'll be mining it for a while.  Back to this featured home..  It was designed and built by Jamie Herzlinger who's pedigree is in the fashion world but who's heart belongs in Arizona.  After leaving her family in New York to pursue her dream of interior design, she's never turned back and is now known for her "modern aesthetic that's sleek and urbane."  For me, I love the details she has incorporated into the home such as the intricate doorways that lead into the next room and the architectural details of the ceilings.  Of course, the Hollywood Regency design is spot on and isn't that pool just jaw-dropping against the desert skies?!  Enough of this talking, let's check out the pics!



















Have a fabulous Thursday!
Betsy

No comments:

Post a Comment