Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Favorite Outdoor Spaces

We just returned home last night from a relaxing trip to Palm Springs and L.A. where we spent a large majority of our time enjoying the sun and desert landscape.  The air was so crisp with the lack of humidity and the oasis in the desert was all that more vivid because of it.  Palm trees and plants were green and the sky a bright blue with the lack of clouds.  Seeing this "Garden of Eden" lit up at night was truly magical and I wish my camera could've captured it.  Morning runs with were met with anticipation to experience the desert awake with peachy sun-drenched mountains ahead of us and cool clean air coursing through our lungs.   Villa entryways were dripping with bougainvillea and courtyards were full of fresh roses, potted succulents and the sounds of fountains running nearby.  It has inspired me to get our backyard in order so that we can enjoy the greenery as well.  Here are photos that inspire me, some from sources listed at the bottom and others taken during our trip.  I hope they inspire you as well.



























Images via Pininterest, Decorpad, House Beautiful, Martha Stewart, and my own

Someone told me there is an app that analyzes plant photos from your phone and tells you what variety they are.  I haven't managed to find it but if any of you know which app it is, please comment!  That would help me immensely!

Have a wonderful Wednesday :)
Betsy

No comments:

Post a Comment