Tuesday, June 14, 2011

All-Time Favorite Courtyard in Texas

I stumbled across these photos while perusing the Cote de Texas blog the other day and about fell out of my chair when I saw this courtyard!  There is just something about courtyards that makes me go bananas and I can't put my finger on it.  I've always preferred their small, intimate settings and the way they can be transformed into outdoor rooms more easily than a wide-open backyard.  I'm going to miss my own pretty soon here and wish I could pick it up and plop it down in Rogers.  I love to entertain and I felt mine is the perfect setting with French doors opening to the fountain and flagstone patio.  I've hosted many a gathering out there on summer nights and am fortunate that my neighbors still speak to me.  This courtyard, however, is my all-time favorite, complete with a plunge pool and two separate seating areas and multiple sets of French doors leading out to it.  Just gorgeous!




Aren't those planters gorgeous!!  We have lots of sizes and styles still available in store and I'm thinking of placing a few on Craig's deck to replicate this look.  

Wouldn't these look amazing with a grassy plant?  Or boxwoods?




Love!  Love!  Love!

So now that you've seen the courtyard, are you imagining what the rest of the house looks like?  Here's the front...


Where's the front door are you asking??

There are two courtyards...  I'm now beside myself.


Pst.  There's a dog in this photo..  See it?


And how about that island..  

 And did you see that wooden bowl?  Kind a looks like this, huh?

The French doors leading out to themostamazingcourtyardever are just killing me!!  Along with the fireplace.  I die.

While this home certainly has a healthy dose of French charm, I do love all of the knick knack's and rustic pieces that help give it an eclectic look as well.  Now that you've seen how to pull this look together, come check out our inventory of unique pots and eclectic pieces to freshen up your indoor and outdoor spaces!

PS- We blog about gorgeous spaces every day so be sure to "add" us if you're on blogger and if not, click on the big Red Door Living at the top of this page and then bookmark us!  We love to share rooms and spaces that inspire us and hope that they inspire you too!

Have a Terrific Tuesday!
Betsy





No comments:

Post a Comment