Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Inspirations for My Home

The fiance left for Kuala Lumpur yesterday but before he left, he gifted me with his approval to begin renovating and decorating his (and soon to be ours) home!  It didn't take away the teensey bit of nerves I get when he boards an airplane knowing I won't hear from him for a day and a half while he travels around the world.  But it did give me a brief bit of excitement and anticipation at making his space "ours"!  Now I don't want to sound ungrateful, but his home is not "homey" or "comfy" or any adjective that would end in a "y"..  It's large, cold, and is going to need a lot of work to make it livable (see, he reads this so I'm just building up the expectation here ladies).  I'm sure we will both learn A LOT about the word "compromise" in our first year of marriage, which I am totally down with.  You can't have everything you want.  On a side note,  I'm very fortunate that my sweetie has amazing taste!  So now that he's granted me permission to start, all of a sudden, I can't decide which directions I want to go in!  Funny how that happens..  I've amassed so many room inspirations, color inspirations, furniture inspirations, etc and it's finally time to mull over them and start making decisions.  I'm a little overwhelmed..  In fairness though, I am getting married in approximately 7 weeks, at a destination, so I'm sure that has something to do with the overwhelmedness syndrome.  Enough with the talking, here are a few of the room inspirations I've collected over the last few months:

Master Bedroom maybe?  In different colors

I'm obsessed with the black walls and turquoise antique rug--would go great with the carmel-color leather Milo Baughman chairs I already have


Love this wallpaper and turquoise again--thinking something along these lines for the Master

Or we could do one wall in a graphic wallpaper in the Master and keep it fresh and modern?

This hardware is bananas.  Along with the backsplash.

Love the grasscloth wallpaper--maybe in a powder bath?

And this for the Dining Room?

Family Room

Formal Living--loving that fireplace

Love the beautiful colors of this room

And my sweetie would love the masculinity of this room

Upstairs bath idea

Our offices

This copper pendant would be perfect above the cooktop in our kitchen
 Rug inspiration

Color inspiration--carmel and dusty rose

 Smokey mirrored fireplace = GLAM

And for some reason, I've been obsessed with putting these drapes in his family room?  The ceilings are nearly 20ft tall so they would definitely be striking!

I have tons more but really need to weed through them and start a mood board.  And since our style is a little more bohemian meets Hollywood glam meets the Emporor of China, I'm sure it's going to be interesting..

Have a fabulous Tuesday!
Betsy

No comments:

Post a Comment