Monday, December 20, 2010

Beautiful Wall Coverings

I'm working on a project right now that consists of a total makeover.  Complete remodel.  As in, it's the boyfriends home and since we've been together for two years, it's time his house bore my thumbprints as well.  I don't think he knows how large this project really is so let's keep it between us.. So with this project, I have fallen head over heels with the idea of incorporating wallpaper into some of the rooms.  The right patterns can make a room feel bold and larger than it really is. A small pattern in a large room may appear to be more textural, while a large floral print in a small room would be very graphic and catchy.  Here are a few that have caught my eye recently:

I'm putting this in a small powder room that's off of the foyer!  The pattern is so fun and the colors are perfect for the neutral tone throughout the rest of the home.


This one is by Porter Teleo and is hand painted on Japanese papers.  I'm sure it's astronomically expensive but if money were no object, this pattern would be my first choice for the formal living room.


Kelly Wearstler may be my all-time favorite designer.  Wickedly eccentric, she's known for her maximalist designs with plenty of color and texture.  This wallpaper was also designed by artist Kelly Porter of Porter Teleo.  


And for those of you who love BOLD COLOR, here's one by Jonathan Adler




And below is the inspiration for the Master bedroom.  Designed by Chahan Minassian and located in Paris, I'm head over heels for it!  I've been scouring the internet for months and taking notes at every hotel we stay at around the globe for the perfect inspiration room, and finally found it!  I love the traditional wallpaper with abstract art, the turquoise blue velvet, and the mirrored coffee table.  I'll instead create a tufted headboard in a similar fabric and use the mirrored bedside tables that I already have.  Paired with the right rug and now we're cooking with gas.

Have a happy Monday!
Betsy

No comments:

Post a Comment