Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Beautiful Rooms Paired with Beautiful Bags

There are a few things in this world that really make my heart pitter patter.  The first and biggest is the boyfriend, of course.  The others involve beautiful rooms and beautiful bags.  I could spend a considerable amount of time in front of my laptop looking at both.  The way one decorates their home is a direct reflection of their personality and I feel that the bag a woman chooses to carry is the same.  The same way she chooses which lamp to put on her side table or the color of the room she chooses to paint, so too is the personal choice of which bag she chooses to carry.  Okay, I'm being a little dramatic here but then again, so are these rooms and bags!  

This room was designed by Chad Holman and I felt like the Christian Louboutin Pave Clutch was the perfect match.  The black and gold screen, architectural lamps, and angular coffee table match the structure of this clutch. 


I don't know who designed this room but the Cobalt blue was perfect for Stella McCartney's newest Falabella Tote!  I was so tempted to buy this bag in black this fall.  It's even more gorgeous in person!


Atlanta-based Scott Laslie, who is another one of my favorite designers from the South, also designed this Asian-inspired room.  The soft palette and bamboo-like chairs paired perfectly with Ferragamo's Top Handle bag.


Fuschia!  Fuschia!  Fuschia!  I would dress this little Fendi clutch with a soft shade of beige, just like Marjorie Skouras did in a client's living room.



Another room designed by Scott Laslie, paired with an Akris top handle bag that mimics the soaring round ceiling.  The folds of this bag compliment the window frames and sturdy mantle while the color remains neutral.


Below is actually a hotel room that regrettably, I don't know the name of..  I found it on another blog (La Dolce Vita maybe?) and have been kicking myself since for not taking note of the source!  I would've died to stay there!!  This DVF tote is the perfect match.  


Designed by John Nelson and Michael Kirkland, I'm in awe of the colors and textures that they were able to meld together.  It's almost overload!  Someone with this level of sophistication is sure to appreciate a Maison Martin Margiela feather clutch.



What do you think?  Are bags a reflection of your personality or just something to hold your every day possessions? There are certainly no wrong answers, just as there is no wrong choice when choosing pieces for your home that reflect your personality.  

Merry Christmas!
Betsy

No comments:

Post a Comment