Monday, February 21, 2011

2011 Design Trend: Eclectic

Good morning fellow love-looking-at-beautiful-homes lovers!
I hope everyone had an exceptional weekend and were able to enjoy the unusually warm weather.  I'm on my third cup of coffee this morning and I'm about to take a Sudafed to cope with annoying allergies, which means I'll be bouncing off the walls in approximately 45 minutes.  So I better hurry up and post this before I lose all concentration for the next 4 hours.  

A design trend we've taken note of for 2011 is the eclectic-look which mixes various styles, periods, and cultures into a cohesive look.  It happens to be one of my favorite looks since we love to collect pieces from all over the world (and we have a store full of it), but besides that, when I see these images, it makes me wonder where the occupants have traveled and what were their experiences?  Too often, I come across people that question why we go to the places we visit because they have no desire to leave the U.S.  We are incredibly fortunate to see and do what we have.  Every time we travel, whether it's simply across a few states or across a continent, I go into it with an open mind and an open opinion so that the experience itself will teach me to view the world from another perspective.  Plus, I just love schlepping suitcases and totes full of laptops and iPads through airports!  What's not to love about that, right?!...  It's easy to look like you've been all over the world with this trend (without the schlepping) since the point of it is to mix and match!  It's so much more interesting to shake things up!  Sometimes it's as simple as adding a new accessory to perk up the room.  We'll be getting our next container of worldly goods next week and I can't wait to share them with you :)   










(Image sources: Elle Decor, House Beautiful, Sketch 42, Atlanta Homes Design, Full House, Bill Hudgins)

Happy Monday!
Betsy

No comments:

Post a Comment