Friday, February 25, 2011

Fashion Friday: Rachel Zoe's New Clothing Line

Good morning and welcome to Fashion Friday!  I just made that up all of 4 seconds ago but since I've been meaning to post Rachel Zoe's new line for like, forever, I figured we'll just call this Fashion Friday.   Today's post features Rachel Zoe--Mix master extraordinaire!  In-between dressing starlets, filming a TV show, and otherwise building her empire while being pregnant, she debuted her new clothing line this past January in NYC prior to fashion week.  Her pieces will range from $250-$700 and you'll see a bit of 70's influence in her sharply-cut tuxedo jackets and flare-below-the knee suits.  Neiman's, Bergdorf's, Saks, Bloomies, and Nordstrom's have all snapped it up and I'm looking forward to seeing how each of them style it in their own way.  Below are just a few of my favorites and you can skip over to style.com to see the full line.  

This vest looks eerily similar to the one she sold on HSN last year..  I bought it and then returned it.  Let's hope the fit is better this year.  But I love the inside gold zippers on those jeans, the boots, and the bag!

Another example to prove menswear-style tailoring isn't going away anytime soon.  Thankfully the bow-tie blouse brings a feminine element into it.
 I love this look!  Very Dolce Gabbana and is FO SHO on my to-buy list this fall
 Drapey and disco-y, this is what she's known for.  You can bet this will be her biggest hit.

  

 Love this look but have no idea when I would ever wear shorts with a suit, overcoat, and ankle boots in NWA?  It's either hella-hot during shorts season, or you'd look ridiculous sloshing through the snow in the winter.

 And this is wear I draw the line..  This is WAY too similar to that gorilla-arm trend that debuted in NY last week.  This is man-repelling in it's greatest glory.  I'd love to get a guy's opinion on this.  Guys?  Man-repelling?
 See??  As evidenced by Peter Som's furry thing.  Rag & Bone is guilty of this trend too.  No thanks.


Back to Zoe's collection--

I love this Military-inspired coat and flared jean
 And lastly, another beautiful and slightly feminine overcoat as a dress.  I totally dig it.

What do you think of these pieces?  I give it a thumbs-up and will refer back to this when it's 110 degrees outside and I think fall can't get here soon enough.

Happy Friday and have a fabulous weekend peeps!
Betsy

No comments:

Post a Comment