Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Barbie's Dream Suite

Well jolly good mornings to you all!
Boy, do I have a surprise for you today!  First, you need to make sure your husbands aren't looking over your shoulders.  Because I'm pretty sure they're not going to be happy with me by the end of this post.  You see, I'm obsessed with pink.  And obsessed with beautiful closets.  The beautiful closet thing came after this weekend where I realized mine is so small, I have to rotate my clothes through twice per season, unlike most people who rotate them once per season.  It has to be that my closet is too small because I refuse to believe that I have an over-abundance of clothes.  Or shoes.  And this pink obsession has gotten so out of hand that I suggested to The Fiance that we paint his dining room pink and he looked at me (before I could even complete the sentence) and said "YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME".  Well?..  No :)  Bunny Williams says that pink is a very flattering color to everyone and why not have it in a room where you're most likely to entertain guests?  So we settled and I now get to paint one out of the five bathrooms..  That happens to be the smallest one..  In his utility room..  The man apparently is not in touch with his feminine side.  Just wait 'til I tell him he's wearing a pink tie in our wedding!!  So before I jump out of this Barbie-pink phase of my life, check out my dream master suite below!


Did you notice the silk wall coverings??!


This is what heaven looks like.


It's all girly and feminine.


With lacquered walls and gold accents.



But wait....




It gets even better...





I hope you're sitting down.....




Even if you don't like pink....




Your husbands are going to hate me...




TA-DA!!!! (The clouds parted and I hear Angels singing)


Shut..  The front door.


It's like having a Barney's in your own home!!!

Designed by Drake Design Associates and featured at the 2007 Kips Bay Showhouse

And there you have it, ladies.  I'm completely drunk in pink right now.  

Enjoy your Tuesday,
Betsy



No comments:

Post a Comment