Friday, March 18, 2011

Fashion Friday: Proenza Schouler's Graphic Prints

Happy Friday!
It's the one day of the week that I get to take my focus off of showcasing beautiful homes (tough job, but somebody's gotta do it), to blogging about my second favorite subject--fashion!  Today, I'm spotlighting one of my favorite New York design teams, Proenza Schouler, who's only been on the fashion scene for less than a decade but has already left their mark with graphic prints, modern silhouettes in dark neutrals, and gravity-defying heels.  They also have a famous "it" bag, the PS1, which is no more than a satchel but costs $16 double-zero and of which I can get a very similar bag from Urban Outfitters for double the $16 without the zero's.  Whoa, that was a lot of math..  I think I might've lost myself.  In any case, here's a pic of this infamous satchel:


But the "he's" (there's two of them) do whip up the most amazing graphic print tee's that I've currently been lusting over.  However, these beautiful tee's are also $375.  Ya.  Now this is the part where I admit that I almost paid $375 for a T-shirt.  But then I thought, wait?  Aren't I known the world over to my friends as the fashion huntress that can hunt down any deal, on any item, anywhere?  So alas!  I used my internet searching skills to come up with several graphic printed T-shirts at a fraction of the $375.  So let's play a little game here.  Can you tell me (without using Google!!!) which T's are $375 and which ones are $14.99-$19.99?  Take a guess and scroll to the bottom to see if you're right!





Left side: Kohl's Simply Vera Wang collection for $14.99-$19.99
Right side: Proenza Schouler Tissue T's $375

Here are two more that I snagged from the same SVW collection:



 I love mixing prints and plan to wear them with these:

Dolce Vita shorts from Shopbop

So for $150, I now have 4 graphic tee's and a really cute pair of shorts coming my way!  You can either stop by our local Kohl's or if you're busy and don't want to gamble not having your size, you can buy them online and they ship for free!  Here's a link to Kohl's and just type in Vera Wang.  So there, I hope I see tons of you fashionistas sporting these shirts around town.  We'll just give each other a little wink, wink as we pass by to acknowledge our exemplary skills in saving money :)

Have a great weekend!
Betsy

No comments:

Post a Comment