Monday, March 28, 2011

English Elegance with a twist

Good morning and welcome back!
I wish I could say that all of you Spring Breaker's brought back amazing weather but unfortunately, Old Man Winter decided to revisit us this past weekend.  Never fear though, Mother Nature will soon sprinkle us with her yellow pixie dust (aka Pollen) in the coming weeks.  Spring will soon be here.

This past week I had a chance to sit down with my favorite monthlies and wouldn't you know!  The owners of my absolute FAVORITE boutique hotel in New York were featured in this month's Elle Decor! I blogged about the hotel here if you'd like to see pics and a review.  This couple, Tim and Kit Kemp, live in London and own 6 boutique hotels, which they design and decorate themselves.  I admire her bold choices in mixing unexpected fabric patterns with antique pieces she's been collecting for decades.  This is right up my alley!  Take a look below:




I'm usually not a fan of floral in bedrooms but I love how they mixed antique pieces with a bold chair and kept the door more contemporary.

Can you imagine taking your tea and biscuits here everyday?




And here are a few pics of the Crosby Street Hotel as well.  I'm going to New York next week and just wanted to see what the room rates were, you know, just in case..  Apparently they never go on sale.  Dang!!




I'm going to try and pull a few tricks out of my hat to see if I can negotiate a better rate.  $495/nt is just a teensy bit steep.  Or a lot steep.  Wish me luck.

Have a fabulous Monday!
Betsy

No comments:

Post a Comment