Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Haute to Not

Good morning anonymous bloggers,
Today, I bring you a designer condo fresh from the pages of Atlanta Homes magazine, one of my favorite sources for beautifully decorated homes.  I'll start with my favorite rooms from this residence and transition into territory I just don't understand.  I know we have lots of designers who peep this blog and don't want to offend anyone, but this residence goes from haute to not in a hurry!  

Gorgeous room below, no?  I love everything about it.  Well, almost.  I would've chosen different floor lamps and chandelier just because they're too simple for me.  But other than that, I love the soft color tones in the furnishings paired with a bold painting and Asian screens.


And then holy magoodness!!  I'm such a sucker for a black room and then stumble upon this beaut!  The Jean de Merry chandelier makes me squirm in my seat with excitement!  In a previous house I built, I too painted the walls black and incorporated carmel-colored leather and chrome chairs.  If only I had had that chandelier..  Would've had to sell the car..  But I would've had a bad-to-the-bone chandelier.


The Kitchen: 


And now we begin to dip our toes in strangeness.  I understand the pieces John Oetgen (the designer) chose for this room and would agree that they're beautiful.  What I don't understand is that iron bed over in the corner of the window.  Why?  What about the rest of the room?


And then we go all in to EXTREME WEIRDNESS with the dining room.  Doesn't this remind you of a dungeon??  A dungeon with Saarinen tables.  And Georgian chairs?  I just don't get it.


The Master:  I don't even know where to begin.  The magazine said he used the same paisley fabric on the drapes and you can't even see those.  I don't understand the bedding choice or the headboard choice or the fabric choice.  


Eeek.  Well, on a more positive note, I have plenty of gorgeous rooms to talk about tomorrow and since tomorrow is Thursday, that puts us one day closer to the weekend!  I'm sorry..  That's all I could come up with this morning..  I used up all my witty juices on The Fiance, poor thing.

Have a fabulous day!
Betsy

No comments:

Post a Comment