Thursday, March 31, 2011

Confessions from a Carbaholic

For Lent this year, I gave up all breads and sweets which encompasses pizza, chips and salsa, most breakfast food, and pretty much everything delicious and that I would prefer to eat every day.  So we're a little over two weeks in and I had been so good!  I turned down the breadbaskets at both Bordino's AND Bonefish!!  I turned down ALL THREE salsa's at La Hacienda!!  I put up with waiters making fun of me, friends taunting me with FRENCH FRIES AT THEO's.  I even turned down the mother of all evilness in carb-loading, STACY'S PITA CHIPS!  Seriously.  But all of this Lent do-gooding crashed last night when I caved at Cold Stone.  It was the best ice cream I've ever had in my life.  I remember two things growing up during Lent.  The first is that we had to give up something other than scuba diving and the second was that we were having box mac & cheese, fish sticks, and peas from a can for dinner every Friday night.  Oh yum!   No wonder I'm the only un-American that can't stand box mac & cheese.  I really hope my mother isn't reading this...  It's true though, mom!  Just don't comment and no one will know who you are.  

So now you know one of my weaknesses, or several for that matter.  I leave tomorrow and will be in New York for a week and will do my pretty darn best to stay away from Magnolia Bakery and Grimaldi's Pizza.  I've only been lusting after both for months.  And this trip was supposed to be in January.  Not during Lent. 

Are you ready for some gorgeous interiors?  Viola.





It's amazing how much artwork can impact the overall look and feel of a room.   And that mirrored console?  Love.  I'm into mirrors lately too.  Along with pink.

Have a great Thursday and enjoy those fish sticks tomorrow!
Betsy

Photos: 1) Lonny Mag 2) Jeffers Design Group 3) Drake Design 4) The Nero Chronicles

No comments:

Post a Comment