Thursday, March 10, 2011

New Container with Commentary

Good morning everyone!
It has been quite a hectic last few days as we just received our second container!  Remember Tuesday morning when it began pouring down rain?  Yeah, that's when the truck pulled in..  Despite being so cold and drenched (because being cold and wet are the ONLY two things that put my panties in a wad) and The Fiance being OUT OF TOWN, Ashley and I managed to unload the truck, check it all in, and begin unpacking each piece!  I'm sure you're wondering how two girls could've possibly unloaded an entire semi truck full of furniture, but we eat our Wheaties, okay?  Fine, we hired two burly dudes to help us out..  It was like unwrapping Christmas presents all day except using box cutters and a dolly!  

I'll be serious now, or at least not over-exagerate the events of the last two days, we had a ball completely resetting the store and it felt like a giant jigsaw puzzle trying to place each and every piece.  We still have quite a bit of "fluffing" and picture hanging to do but all in all, everything's in it's place and looks amazing.  I'm so proud of the store and for Ashley's creative skills (and patience as she dealt with a stressed-out owner) but it all came together so fluidly and effortlessly (at least that's what I'm going to let y'all think).  Each piece is more beautiful than I remember from our trip to Asia where we picked them all out.  As we set each piece in it's place, I couldn't help but admire the details and craftsmanship that went into making them what they are today.  It takes a special set of skills to make furniture that can withstand 150 years of wear and tear.  Here are a few snapshots that I edited on my now outdated iPad 1 to spruce up the pics a bit.  Enjoy!







(these red chests come in a pair and are too cute for words!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment