Monday, March 14, 2011

NWA Dream Home in House Beautiful

I came across this editorial a few days ago from a previous House Beautiful magazine and it reminded me that A) we have some seriously talented designers in our neck of the woods and B) we have some seriously amazing homes too. Designed by Tobi Fairley, from OUR VERY OWN Natural State (she hails from Little Rock) this drop-dead gorgeous home is actually in Fayetteville!  And truth be told, I'm dying to see it in person!  And, well, If we're letting all of our secrets out here, I'm so curious to know what the owners are like.  I hope that's not totally weird but I can only imagine how interesting they would be!    I'm actually blushing right now..  Since I don't know whose home this is, I'm just going to imagine that it's a couple who enjoys traveling to new and exciting places where they stay at finer hotels and resorts, not just because they can, but because they appreciate the small but defining details that set them apart from ordinary hotels (hello, they hired Tobi Fairley to decorate their house).  I imagine that they actually sit in the lobby having a cocktail marveling at the architectural and design sophistication around them, and lastly, she has collected every Elle Decor issue since she was a little girl.    Enough of this wondering, let's enjoy some photos:


Every time I look at this living room, it makes me smile.  What a beautiful layered upon layered blue palette that just oozes sophistication.  The painting is the perfect anchor to the room and I love those purple shaggy pillows!
I drool over every Marjorie Skouras chandelier that I come across and this one is no different.  They come in so many pretty colors and I love that Tobi chose a simple table to highlight details like the striped floors, the patterned Oly chairs, and obvs, the chandelier.


The Fiance has a two-story entry like this and I don't know if I have enough courage to do a graphic wallpaper like this.  (Repeat after me: You can do it.  You can do it.  You can do it.)



That banquette is b-a-n-a-n-a-s


One of these days, I'm going to have Venetian glass lamps just. like. these.


And I saved the best for pretty blue last.  The Master Suite.  Ann Gish bedding, Barbara Barry wallpaper, Julian Chichester sunburst mirror, blue, blue and more blue.  I'm going to be swimming in blue today...

So peeps, if you happen to know who's house this is, please don't tell them I'm completely obsessed with it.  I'd be terribly embarrassed and would like to keep some dignity, just in case they stop by the store.  However, you're free to tell them that I'd love it if they'd stop by the store.  So that I could meet them in person. 

I'm going to quit geeking out and get some work done.

Happy Monday!
Betsy

No comments:

Post a Comment